Cal Now For A Free & Confidential Consultation 860-322-5302

Connecticut Erb’s Palsy Attorneys

Erb's palsy occurs when a child isn't delivered properly, causing the nerves in their shoulder to be damaged during delivery. As a result, that child's range of motion may be severely limited in that arm and shoulder. Unfortunately, while this loss of motion can be permanent if the child doesn't receive adequate treatment for their injuries, such treatment is often quite expensive, as it often requires surgical intervention. Because of the hefty expense of such a surgery and the additional help that a child with Erb's palsy needs, many families find themselves struggling.

At Law Offices of Paul Levin, we believe in standing up for parents in Connecticut who have had their children mistreated by a delivery room doctor or other medical professional, resulting in a baby developing Erb's palsy. In many circumstances, parents are able to obtain much-needed compensation, allowing their child to get the treatment and care they deserve, while they themselves can get the justice they are seeking.

Effects of Erb's Palsy

In many cases, Erb's palsy may resolve on its own without treatment. However, some children may not see improvement and may require additional medical attention. In fact, without treatment, many children with Erb's palsy may suffer from:

  • Loss of mobility in the shoulder and arm
  • Difficulty maintaining a steady arm temperature
  • Muscle atrophy
  • Loss of sensation in the shoulder and arm
  • Difficulty healing wounds in the affected arm

These kinds of problems could affect a child throughout their life if they aren't treated. And, even if a child's Erb's palsy resolves on its own, the emotional trauma that it causes a family can be lasting.

Discuss Erb's Palsy with a Lawyer in Connecticut

If your child has developed Erb's palsy because of a doctor's careless mistakes during delivery, it may be possible to hold that medical professional accountable. Find out how a lawyer from Law Offices of Paul Levin, can potentially help you take such legal action and support you in pursuing financial compensation by calling 860.322.5302.

Where We Serve

Statewide practice serving all counties throughout Connecticut and the following cities: Hartford, Bridgeport, New Haven, Stamford, Waterbury, Norwalk, Danbury, New Britain, Bristol, Meriden, Milford, West Haven, Middletown, Norwich, Shelton, Torrington, New London, Ansonia, Derby, Groton and Winsted.