After a traumatic accident, such as a car collision or slip and fall, a person may sustain substantial injuries to his or her head and face. In particular, facial trauma can cause very troubling injuries and complications that may include long-term disabilities and disfigurement. Those who sustain facial trauma may require substantial medical attention, which often can prove very expensive.
Consequences of Facial Trauma
An injury to the face often has longstanding consequences for an injured individual. In fact, the following issues may arise after a traumatic injury to the face:
- Loss of sight due to an orbital blowout or direct trauma to the eyes
- Loss of hearing due to ear trauma
- Loss of smell due to a broken nose or an injury to the nose
- Difficulty eating due to injuries to the lips, teeth, tongue, or jaw
- Difficulty breathing due to nose or jaw trauma
- Difficulty swallowing due to jaw trauma
- Changes in speech patterns due to injuries to the lips, teeth, tongue, or jaw
These kinds of injuries may call for substantial medical attention, often at a high cost to the injured individual. However, if these injuries were caused by someone else's mistakes, that injured individual may be eligible to file for compensation for any related costs and losses.
Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer in Connecticut
If you or someone you love has sustained facial trauma because of someone else's carelessness in Connecticut, a lawyer from Law Offices of Paul Levin may be able to help you pursue financial compensation for these injuries. To discuss filing a personal injury claim, call us at 860.322.5302 today.